Ocean Blue

I lay upon the soft grainy sand watching the waves crash on to the shore. Shells brought forth from the deep blue ocean. Unknown to what lies below, where my face no longer can feel the warmth of the hot sun. Only the creature that live in the depths of the sea know what dreaded things lie below the trust of the light from above. I bring myself off the the soft sand and the tips of my feet sense the ice cold water of the ocean. I take a step into the icy water, it sends a shiver through my freezing body. I go in till my waist touches the cold water. As a wave crashes on to the sand it fills my mouth with salty water creating a saline taste on my tongue. As I try to wash the horrific taste out of my mouth I notice a white and tan coloured shell. It looks as though it had the image of the swirls in ocean. I drag my head under the icy water and then flick it back when my chin touches the surface of the sea. As I look out onto the murky water I see dead seaweed float to the top of the ocean. I venture further out into the sea. Small schools of fish swim around vivid pieces of coral. Crabs scatter along the sand, dodging the waves coming in. I swim further out into the deep. I see more vibrant coral and patches of multicoloured rocks. Larger fish and more bright colours. Bright green seaweed dances at the bottom of the seabed along with some orange and white clown fish. As I venture further I can no longer see the the bottom. The cold clasps my voice I cannot scream. I start to thrash around, the waves pulling me under. I drop and give up. Every drop I take it gets darker until it is pitch black. I see my life flash before my eyes just before I'm about to go. I close my eyes knowing that I will never open them again. The cold the last thing I'll feel. My heart stops, the end has arrived.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!