QuizORama

Principal Rav was famous for organising interesting and fun competitions in the school for the students. Our school was best in sports, arts and educational competitions. This year Principal Rav organised the Maths competition for Grade 9 students. Today is the day when the Maths competition takes place in the school hall. All students were excited and were rushing to the hall to cheer their favourite contestant. The maths competition was on the second storey of the school. The contestants’ names were James, Emily, Ana and Trevor. The Assistant Principal Ms Thompson announced with her microphone ‘Hello everybody welcome to the annual maths competition 2013’. As principal Rav came down to the second storey, he heard the announcement and he hurried to the competition hall. After sitting there for some time, Principal Rav noticed a flashing light behind the contestants. Then curiously Principal Rav followed the flashing light. It led him to the contestants table. But then the flashing light had already disappeared. The maths competition had already started. Each contestant had a buzzer they had to buzz to answer. The first question was asked and Trevor answered it quickly. The other kids took time to answer the remaining questions correctly. Everyone were surprised that how Trevor was so quick in answering the questions correctly. There were still two more questions to go. Principal Rav crept up behind the contestants and was observing the contestants. Before the next question was asked Principal Rav noticed the flashing light again. Principal Rav found that Trevor was using the flashy calculator during the competition. The calculator was so bright that it produced the flashing light whenever Trevor used it. Principal Rav stopped the Quiz immediately, he wasn’t happy. So guess what Trevor had to do? Trevor had to put the school rubbish bins out every week and clean the school yard for the next one year.

Moral of the story:
Cheating will never help you win the game

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!