Terrible Dream

One day a girl called Jade went to school. She put her bag in her locker then went to base class. Then the bell went and she to went to Maths class, her teacher was Mr Kerr. Half an hour later the bell rang Jade went to English class, that teacher was Miss French. Half an hour later the same thing happened except she went to Science class. Jades teacher was Mr Downie. When she was doing science Jade thought about home and wished she was there and not at school being taught stuff she already knew. The bell rang and she rushed out lunch after that. She went to her base class that a giant four eyed, eight armed silver scaled, nine footed hideous creature popped out of the shadows. Jade screamed a high pitched scream, the monster seemed shocked then turned away and walked down the hall. Jade spun around only to see monsters, monsters in every shaped and size, every colour, texture - the sight made Jade's knees wobble and her head spin. A terrible cry left her lips though she wasn't aware of it. The next thing she knew - she was running, running so fast, her heart was hammering in her chest. She longed to stop but soon found out she couldn't, it was like her legs had a will of their own. Jade tried to recall what had happened but her mind was blank. 'HOW did it happen?' she thought. 'Monsters aren't real, but I saw them with my own eyes,' said another voice in her mind. 'They must be real!' She tried to push the thought away. Jade jerked to a halt, high in front of her were giant boulders and a nice little bay. The first thing she thought was that she wasn't running anymore and the second thought was 'How did I reach the beach so quickly?' Then a loud grumble shook the earth and rain poured from the sky, the sky turned blood red, the sand under Jade's feet went icy cold as the water was full of giant snake like creatures of different colours. Jade was petrified and she felt like she was going to faint. "I could be dreaming," Jade shouted in surprise. Jade went to pinch herself - nothing. 'So I'm not dreaming. All the people are gone and I'm the only one left,' she thought miserably. Then an icy chill ran down her spine, she turned around and horror hit her - it was a giant spider. She tried to run but she was paralised to the spot in terror. Jade wacked as the spider came closer every moment. Jade expected to be thrown in the air and eaten but the spider didn't seem to be interested in her only the serpents in the sea. Jade realised she had been holding her breath, she took a grateful gasp of air and walked over to a cave in the rocks and peered in it - it was empty. She walked in and curled up in a ball and went to sleep. Some time later he opened her eyes with a start - she was at school in science class. "So you have been taking a nap have you?" said Mr Downie. "Detention for you then." Jade realised he had been speaking to her.
"B...but what did I do?" stammered Jade.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!