Ghost Dogs Of Moon Lake

One dark, misty night, in the Village of Moon Lake, when everybody was sleeping soundly in their beds, 25 pairs of glowing eyes were searching the streets. Those eyes belonged to the ghost dogs of Lord William, who had died a year ago on August 31st 1991. Lord William was the owner of 50 dogs, who had all been shot when Lord William had died, because he did not want the dogs to be alive after he was buried. The boundaries of the village were made up of dense forest on the west and east sides of the village, and two big hills on the north and south sides of the village. Now the mansion of Lord William was found on the north hill. The mansion had been looking down on the village for over 9 years. It had been a glorious sight to look at when standing in the village square, but now it was a lonely, old, and abandoned place, which had been battered very badly by a terrible storm, which had come through the village 2 weeks after Lord William had died. He had owned 10 acres so he could keep his beloved dogs with him until he died. Now that he was dead, the villagers stayed as far away from the mansion, for fear that the mansion was haunted. Lord William was buried in the burial ground, which he had made up for himself before he died. The village was named after Moon Lake which was next to the mansion and a small deserted hut, which had been found there before the mansion was built. Lord William had decided to leave the hut standing, but he never made an attempt to explore the old hut. When William’s dogs had died, the people of the village had decided to throw the dogs into the hut and leave them there to decay. Alas! The villagers did not know that there dead friends, which had been thrown away and left to decay, would come back to haunt them.

After the ghost dogs had done a good deal of searching, they howled to each other, which was what woke up the whole village. There were no dogs in the village, and the villagers knew that was not the howl of a wolf, for wolf howls did not sound as mournful and spine tingling as the howl they had heard just then. The villagers immediately got up and ran straight to their windows. They looked outside and saw 25 pairs of glowing eyes, which belonged to 50 ghost dogs. The dogs had come back from the dead in order to haunt the person who had poisoned Lord William. They had also come back to kill those villagers who had thrown them into the hut after the dogs had been shot. The dogs sniffed around for a little while until they found the scent they were looking for. The leader of the pack of ghost dogs- a female, lifted her head and howled.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!