You Didn't

The day it all started Kate, my best friend, and I were shopping at the mall. So far I had bought two cute baby pink handbags to match my new outfit, and three pairs of denim jeans. Why was I shopping? Don’t be silly. I live for shopping! So does Kate. Kate and I have been best friends since…well forever. We dress the same we even act the same. The only difference between Kate and I is the way we look and our family. I have medium length brown hair and fair skin. Kate has blonde hair and her face is covered in freckles. Kate lives with her mum, aunty and older sister. I live with my dad and younger brother. Oh yeah, by the way my name is Krystal.
Anyway back to the story.
“Hey Kate. Wait up. I think it’s gonna rain. Let’s go home before it starts up,” I yelled to be heard over the loud noise of the mall.
“Yeah. You’re right. Let’s go,” Kate said staring up at the heavy looking rain clouds. It only took five minutes to walk home. I waved goodbye to Kate and walked inside.
I lived in an ordinary messy two-storey house on Heaven Street. The first thing I saw when I walked inside was my dad snoring on the sofa. I walked up the stairs to my room. I flopped down on my bed and said to myself, “Could life get any better?”
I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew I heard soft knocking on my door. It was obvious that it was my little brother Blake.
“Come in Blake,” I yelled getting up.
Five-year-old Blake walked in looking miserable.
“What’s wrong Blake?” I asked him. I could see something was deeply troubling him.
“Krystal… I, I, I went into a bet with Sam at school, and I had nothing to bet. So I bet your goldfish…,” Blake stopped and looked down at his feet.
I nervously glanced over at the place my gold fish Ella normally swam. It was bare…
“You didn’t!” I yelled. Sam Wateried was the toughest meanest kid in the school. Blake started crying, “ I… I’m… so… soooorrry!” he wailed. Then he ran out of the door.
“I’ll kill you Blake Stephen Anderson!” I yelled.
Then I did something I hadn’t done in years. I cried. I cried because I felt sorry for my fish. I cried because mum had given me this fish before she passed away. After I finished crying, I grabbed some money and dashed over to Sam’s house. I found Sam sitting in his garden killing worms.
“Hey Sam! Give me back my fish,” I spluttered.
“Sure,” Sam said with an evil smile.
I quickly gave him my money. Then he grabbed a glass jar. I looked inside it. There was my poor gold fish - out of water and dead.
“Bye!” yelled Sam as he ran away.
“Saaaaaaaaam!” I yelled chasing after him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!