Captain Patch's Adventure

There was once a small bear that sailed the seven seas. His name was Captain Patch. Captain Patch and his crew were searching for a special sort of treasure. The only problem was that he didn’t know what the treasure was, and so our story begins…
It was a stormy night and the waves were crashing down onto the ship. Captain Patch and his crew fought the night away tying down ropes and balancing the ship so it floated straight, as they tore over huge waves and landed with a bump on the other side ready for the next wave. “Batten them hatches! All bears on deck! ARRR we offta find the treasure. Ay me heartys ha, harr!” Yelled Captain Patch as he spun the wheel to get over the next wave. As midnight drew near the seas died down and Captain Patch and his crew went to bed. The next morning they anchored the ship and set off in longboats to the desert island nearby in hope of finding some treasure. They walked around for hours looking for some sign of treasure. Groucho (a particularly plump and lazy bear) kept complaining, “are we there yet Capt’n? Was’ for breakky, m’starved,” he whined repeatedly. Everyone else was beginning to get annoyed by this time, when Groucho called, “hey Capt’n me think me found something’!” “Shut it you incompetent fool!” Captain Patch spat. “What did ya say!!!?” “Me jus’ said me found something’!” Groucho snorted proudly. “Where, where, show ma Now!” Groucho snorted again excitedly before pointing up a tall tree. He looked back smugly at the Captain and said “see he’ll make a fine spi’ roast won’t he?” The crew mumbled, “what a nutta!”
On the island, that very same day they found two large chests filled with dirty laundry, a rusty bucket, one small wooden box and a tiny little case holding a golden ring. One ring wasn’t enough to win the Captains desires even though he still didn’t know what his desires were.
After months of explorations of many islands they still didn’t find anything. Weeks later Captain Patch and his crew came across a sinking ship. According to the wreckage it had been attacked by a vicious giant squid because there was black oozing ink everywhere and there was a huge hole in the bow where a tentacle had hit the boat. Patch’s crew grimaced at the sight and Captain Patch took off his hat in respect to the sight. As the wreckage of the smashed ship sunk, patch caught a glimpse of what he had been looking for all this time. A little girl was sitting on a floating piece of the ship and Captain Patch immediately took her on board. Her name was Elizabeth. Weeks later he presented her with the golden ring he had found and asked her to marry him and they all lived…
“Ok, bath times over Elizabeth!” “Coming, come on Patch,”….happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!