Echoes

The last words she had ever said echoed in the room. "Help! Help! Someone! Anyone! Just please HELP!" The last thing we ever said to each other was, Good night, Jasmine! See you in the morning! I did know that that evening, a bi shadow came in.

It was the evening before the school concert. The teachers had told us to take an early night so we’d have enough strength and enthusiasm for the big day. Cordelia and I went to our cabins and got into our pajamas. We scrambled to the bathroom and brushed our teeth. I supposed it was really clean because there was so much foam.
“One, two, three, SPIT!” Cordelia cried. Only it sounded like, “On, tue, free, SPIC!”
“That’s a record!” I exclaimed.
You would not believe how much foam there was! It almost, almost, filled the whole sink! Suddenly, the whole excitement of foam evaporated. I could have sworn I saw someone outside. It was probably one of the boys spying. But, still. I had a funny feeling that the person spying was someone else.

Cordelia and I went to the common room where we were going to have our usual brief meeting. As we were walking, I could have sworn again that someone was following us. There were rustles in the trees as we were walking and a feeling of a pair of eyes looking at us. It was probably just me. After all, Cordelia was perfectly normal. She showed no signs of weirdness. I took a deep breath and continued the walk.

As we arrived to the common room, I thought I saw a glimpse of someone in dark clothes. I continued my way towards the common room and sat directly in the middle with Cordelia on my left and another girl called Lilly. Mrs. Diahleld was talking about the set ups and final adjustments to the dance. She told us to sleep on the adjustments. When we ended the meeting, we headed to the dining room where we drank hot milk and ate some cookies.

To be honest, I was scared to go to sleep. That stranger danger guy was still out there. I knew he was out to get us. I climbed nervously into bed.
“Good night, Jasmine! See you in the morning!” yawned Cordelia.
“Good night,” I replied.
I had a funny feeling about tonight. Just as my eyelids were drifting into dreamland, I heard the floor creak. Then the door knob turned. There in front of the door stood the shadow of the stranger danger guy. He grabbed Cordelia and made a dash for the window. I heard the thud of the kidnapper landing in the ground along with Cordelia’s scream.

“Help! Help! Someone! Anyone! Just please HELP!”
I was too scared to move. Suddenly, I made a dash for the teacher’s room.
“Cordelia’s gone! Someone took her! She’s GONE!” I cried between sobs.
Mrs. Diahleld ran to Cordelia and my room. Cordelia’s covers were on the floor and her pillow was thrown onto the floor. Mrs. Diahleld called the police as the other teachers rushed in. After Mrs. Diahleld called my mum and Cordelia’s parents, she buried me into her arms.
Tears ran down my cheeks as my mum came and scooped me up. The police were inspecting ever inch of my room. Everything was a chaos. I just stood in the middle of the room and looked all around me. All of Cordelia’s things were taken away by the police for inspections. Cordelia’s screams echoed in the room. Cordelia was gone. My best friend was gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!