The First Time I Met My Best Friend

The first time I met my best friend was in 2007 when her family moved into the house next to us. I had been living in this house since I was born, I had had many neighbours before her but none with kids. The first time I met her I new we would be friends.

When school started Caitrin and me had hand shakes, signals and secret languages. Caitrin's older sister Thalia would hang out with us too and my sister Georgia. Thalia was a bit older but still one of us.

In summer we would swim in my pool and sun bathe on towels in the drive way, in winter we would have hot chocolate in the warmth of the wood fire. We loved it until Caitrin moved away in 2010 suddenly there were no sudden sleepovers or coming over to swim, it felt like she was gone forever even no she was still going to the same school and still coming over pretty much every weekend, we were still best friends and it made the time we spent together more enjoyable.

In 2011 Georgia and me moved schools to ringwood north primary it was hard to tell Caitrin, we just laded there in the bushes crying and remembering all the times we had together. This move would mean not getting to see her everyday and having to make new friends at a new school.

In 2013 I went to high school and she did to but we still saw each other as much as posable and called each other every week it was a different friendship but it was owe friendship.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!