Need Some Help?

I ran as fast as I could, pumping my legs faster and faster. I could hear there moans behind me which motivated me to run quicker. My legs felt like jelly and I couldn’t get enough air in my lungs. Every time I turned a corner there would be more. There was no escape. I turned in to an old warehouse and shot the lock of the door. The noise echoed in the quietness. That was not good, it would only attracted more. I kicked the door open and quickly shut it behind me pulling an old book shelf in front of it. I walked further in to the darkness of the old building hoping to find another weapon. I was short on ammo which was not good. I heard banging on the door which wouldn’t hold much longer even with the bookcase. I began to run again looking in rooms for anything that could be of use, but there was nothing I could fine. There was a loud bang of the bookcase and the door giving way. Time to get out of here. I tried to recall if I passed an exit while looking around but came up blank. I cursed under my breath and continued through the darkness bumping into some empty boxes making noise. The moaning became louder and I still hadn’t found an exit out of the building. I was terrified. I had almost given up when I heard a familiar voice.

“Need some help?” he called. I almost laughed at his timing. Almost. I turned around to see him smiling at me with two baseball bats in his hands, he threw one to me and almost hit me in the face. I also noticed he came through an exit that I didn’t see. I sighed and shook my head. I am such an idiot. The moaning had became louder. We didn’t have much time. I ran towards the exit, stopping next to my savior. He took my hand and we ran away from the house of horrors and into a living hell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!