The Flight

There I stood, underneath the Eiffel Tower. Glancing at all the faces around me. Everybody had a balloon in their hands. Everyone had a gloomy face. I carefully placed my diary in the old wooden box. The box was found in a shipwreck and the people of the village were told to put their life long diaries in it on the 1st of January 1876. We all knew this day would come, but did it have to come so soon? I wish I could keep my diary to read out all of my accomplishments to my daughter. Why did he have to do this? Why did he have to take not only my diary, but most of my favourite moments. My diary was finally in the box. The man closed the lid and it ended with a loud bang, the whole crowd jumped with fright and horror. Then he spoke. "Write your full name on the balloon and release it on the count of 3." Everybody put their heads down and wrote, then for the last time he said, "1, 2, 3" everybody let go of their balloons. The whole sky filled with colours. It was like the Eiffel Tower had blessed us with joy on one of the most hardest days. I couldn't believe my eyes. I glanced at the chest next to me. It broke my happiness. Then I remembered what was important. That was my family, and they haven't taken that away, yet...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!