Sarah

mum brang in another foster today, her name is Sarah. just by the way she looks at me i don't think she likes me. she has black clothes and cuts all up her arms. you see my mum works at the orphanage down the road. she says that i should come down because i can make them smile again. i don't see the point. they got an unlucky ticket in life and that's not my fault. why should i give up mine for theirs? mum has this crazy delusion that they can change the world... you know "make it a better place" but to tell you the truth i don't think they can. not by the how they're going so far. but mum drags me along anyway. " you should show Sarah around!" says mum , "sure ok" i say back.i don't want too, but what was i supposed to say? " no mum she dosn't like me" all based on how she looked at me? no way! mum would just ramble on about how your not supposed to judge people by their cover. " right this way" i show Sarah up to her room, " well its not much bu-" she cuts me off. " I LOVE IT!" screams. wooah! there it is. a cold, hard slap of reality in the face. here she is. Sarah jumping up and down dragging me in the room to do our nails. this isnt some emo girl, this is a sweet, high pitched girl! " do you want a tour?" i ask. " of course!" i give her a grand tour of the place. not much but just enough to keep her going. i get her updated on everyone's "status" who's single and who's taken. " so how did you get here?" i ask, " oh well i was sitting on the streets and your mum drive by and picked me up and here we are now." " how long had you been on the streets for?" i ask yet another question. " about 3 months. wooah another big slap. Sarah had been living on the streets for 3 months and i cant live without internet for a day! " how did you end up on the streets?" "well my mums business went bankrupt and mum just got angry all the time, one thing led to another and i left.. with out saying a word. " " omg Sarah I'm so sorry" i walk her back to her room. wow i feel so guilty! i labeled and judged Sarah on how she looked at me and how she styled her hair! what kind of person am i? i made it my new goal to encourage others not to judge people anymore and to try and help.

it just shows that people can be tougher than you think. they can be more then what you give them credit for. i realized that i shouldn't judge someone by their cover because I could've missed a pretty awesome friend. actually a best friend. the worlds a tough place to live in whether you get a lucky ticket in life or not. we should all help each other out. you cant change the world because its already damaged, its Unrepairable because of what we as human's have labeled it. but we can always help it and then maybe in some way we can change it. the world is a much bigger place than what humans give it credit for and if we can help it now in the end the world can be a better place. try!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!