Many Different Shades.

'I bet it's you, I'm sure of it.' whispered Jade.
'Are you sure? I mean, you’re looking like you could get one to.' I whispered back.
'No way violet, don't be ridiculous, of course it's you.' he replied.
‘Is this your first time?’ Asked Scarlet, ‘You look really nervous’.
‘No, it’s my 3rd time as a matter of fact, and stop acting like it’s me.’ I whispered back in a somewhat angry tone. I scowled, I’d never liked Scarlet, she was always one to jump to conclusions, and was just too angry all the time.

‘Huhhhh’ Sky gasped. She must've heard something. She was very sharp, sharp as a tack. ‘I hear something’ she whispered, keeping very still. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip! I faintly heard a buzzing sound. ‘Whoa’ Sky jumped, looking around.
‘It’s time’ hissed Black, he was always serious, very straight, plain and somewhat, depressing.

A big, chubby hand peered into the deep, dark pencil case. It snatched me up. YES!! I thought to myself, I was ecstatic, I was the chosen one! The great fantastic, chosen one!
I faintly heard Lavender, Titanium and Cherry cheering from down below. Jade was screaming.

The hand was squeezing me tight, preparing to sharpen me. She was walking over to her friends desk (She has like, the best sharpener) but then suddenly made a beeline for the bin. Turns out she wasn’t giving me a haircut, she was throwing me away! The stupid kid decided she hated the colour violet, so she snapped me in half and threw me straight into the bin.

So now I am surrounded by sandwich crusts, juice boxes, glad wrap and plastic bags. To make matters worse I only have half a body! It’s really unsanitary and no way to treat your pencils. Oh well, maybe I’ll be reborn as a pink pencil, everyone likes pink, right?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!