Taken For Dead

I was scared.
All was dark.
I blink my eyes open the sun shining brightly into them as I make a shape of a girl my age.
“Hello? Are you okay?” The girl says as she helps me sit up.
“Y-Yes just a little s-shocked” I say as I sit up covering my eyes from the bright sun.
“Don’t worry I’m Tori by the way” she says as she helps me to my feet.
“Names Zack” I reply.
Tori tells me all the things going on around us.
“So that’s why it’s so important to get you to…” She didn’t get to finish when something hit me in the chest and I was thrown back.
I hit a tree. I see Tori running off into the distance.
I call out to her but she continues to run off.
“She won’t be coming back I tell you that now” a voice says as I hear a loud metal Bang and I’m unable to see anything.
I wake up to see that I’m in a small room a man walks in.
“Ah, I see that you’ve woken up” says the man in a deep voice, I nod in response
“We want you to work for us and in return we give you your life” He says plainly.
“So you’re threatening to kill me?” I say
“Yes. Join us or we kill you, it’s your choice”
“I’ll join then if that’s the case”
“Splendid” He says clapping his hands together. “So I’m guessing that you know how to use a sword?”
“Yes I do” I stammer
“Okay choose a sword” He says gesturing me to choose a sword, I choose a sword.
“Good follow me” we walk down the hall to a big window looking onto a small village.
“That’s where that ‘friend’ of yours, Tori lives”
“So what’s this got to do with me?” I ask. Tori left me as soon as she got the chance; she left me to die.
“Well you hate Tori? He asked “Well we have a war between her and us, we started an invasion this morning and we need you to finish it” He says pointing to the sword I picked.
“Okay” I reply plainly.
I walk to the village it has burned to the ground the air smells like burnt toast, I walk through the village gripping my sword tight in my hand. A boy runs at me with a sword.
“Little boys shouldn’t play with sharp things” I say smirking as I run at him knocking the sword out of his hands and having my sword through him. I hear a scream. I turn around taking the sword out of the boys small body, I see Tori standing with two katanas.
“You monster he was only five!” She Screeches and runs at me with her katanas.
“You’re the killer here” I say as our blades meet and sparks fly everywhere. I flip over, her blades missing me by centimetres.
“No. I’m not the killer here, you just killed my brother” She screams as she run towards me I run bringing my sword back ready for the swing.
As our blades meet something there’s a blinding light and something hits me in the stomach and I’m thrown back onto my back. I feel something sharp pressed against my skin I blink a few times to clear my vision; I look to my left and see a horrifying image. Tori lying on the stone floor multiple swords stabbed into her stomach, her face looking at me, eyes filled with terror, blood everywhere. I try to move but the pain increases; I look down Crap! Not me too! Swords have gone through my body leaving my clothes deep red. I look at Tori once more, her eyes filled with tears She will survive I think to myself but I look closer and her eyes are lifeless. No! Dead she’s dead!
My vision starts to go black; breathing becomes hard. Death, Is the last thing I think about.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!