Paws


My friend Leo was studying the ruined petrol tank lying on the ground. We had heard of a giant monster that had been traveling along the highway. A biker had tipped us off that a huge thing had been seen hanging around this petrol station. Bruce turned and beckoned to me. He moved aside as I came forward to reveal giant claw marks. It was the first clear signs evidence we had of the monstrous beast.
That night at our campsite we were discussing what sort of monster could have made those claw marks when I thought I heard a noise. Leo was gazing in the same direction. My body went numb. I tried to turn and and run but I felt like I was frozen in time. Leo had a look of fear that I’d never seen on his face before.
The noise was a hissing noise. It sounded like someone was letting the air out of their tyre. I just stood there trying to blend into the bushes and shrubs. The only thing that was giving me away was the glow of the firelight. Then the hissing stopped. A drop of sweat rolled down my cheek. Suddenly without warning the noise started again. This time much closer.
That’s when it came in to view. Step by step. It looked like a giant fat tiger. It had light tan stripes with a dark orange back with. A long tail to suit. Its face look like a pugs all squashed up with bright intelligent eyes. It was the weirdest creature I’d ever seen. And it did NOT look happy!
That’s when it meowed.…… Like a lawnmower.
“Run” I screamed to Leo. The use of my limbs had returned to me. My body reacted just as the creature pounced. I didn’t look to see if Leo was following. I sprinted towards the motorbikes with the creature behind me. Would I make it?!?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!