MANDY LEARNS A LESSON

Mandy was a young country girl that was very greedy .Mandy had just arrived home from school after a long tiring day of cleaning up her classroom, Getting ready for a new year.
Over the last couple of days Mandy was packing up to go camping with her parents. Mandy couldn’t wait to go camping and go for bush walks. That was what she really loved. Now she had a very annoying little brothered hat meant she couldn’t go camping as much as she used to. But she could enjoy it once in a while.
They were on the bumpy road once more. They hadn’t gone far when Mandy pointed out to a faded sign. It said camping and walks.
“That sounds perfect! ’Yelled Mandy
Mandy’s dad stopped in a shady car park. Mandy jumped out of the car as soon as the car came to a halt.
“Come on “Mandy said, pushing her parents.
“Don’t be so impatient” said Mandy’s mum.
“We still have to put up the tent, “said Mandy’s dad. Mandy didn’t set up her tent as she usually did.
“Can we go yet? “Wined Mandy “it will get dark soon!”
“I am afraid we can’t go tonight. Your little brother has to go to bed, “said Mandy’s mother.
“then I’ll go by myself, “Mandy said to herself.
Mandy read the sigh as she hurriedly walked past. It said ‘Not for children under ten. Mandy thought hard for a moment.
“No one would ever notice, “Said the little seven years old.
She kept skipping on down the cement. A few minutes later the cement came to an end.
“How funny, that was to short,” she said to herself “ I suppose it would not hurt if I got of track a little,’’
I still have some time to burn before it gets dark, ’Mandy thought. Mandy was wrong.it soon got dark, with the trees swaying up above. Mandy was terribly lost. She closed her eyes in frustration.
‘’Why didn’t I listen to mum? ’Mandy sighed. When she opened her eyes, what a wonderful sight she got. Out from under one of the little huts came this little elf, all of the other elves seemed to be bowing at it. The little elf seemed to be walking up to Mandy. Finally when he reached her he started talking.
“You only have one wish you have to choose whether to stay or go back and apologise to your parents. Mandy decided to go but she was not looking forward to apologising. When the elf sent her back home, she was forgiven and she never told anyone about it because she didn’t believe it herself, but she thought it was quiet amazing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!