We All Shine On

She waited and waited for some sort of sign, her head said let go but her heart said he’s mine.
She kept holding on even though it was broken, she couldn’t move on with so much left unspoken.
She cried and she cried until she was numb, her head was a mess, she felt worthless and dumb.
Even though she was warned again and again, she just didn’t listen, she liked to pretend.
She lived in a fantasy so the pain stayed away, she prayed and she hoped he would come back someday,
But deep down inside she knew he was gone, she had to let go, she had to move on,
But the heart ache and struggle, just hurt far too much, she tried to find comfort, the deeper she cut.
She was lost and confused with no one to guide her; she was just trying to kill the demon inside her.
The ache in her soul got stronger and stronger, this pain she was feeling would not be much longer.
She promised herself to try to keep going, but the memories haunted her just simply knowing,
But time went by and she started to heal, the scars reminded her of what was once real.
“Time heals all pain” her father once said, lucky for her or she would have been dead.
Now she looks back at her past full of confusion, she hoped it was simply all an allusion.
If there is one thing that you should remember, it’s that letting go hurts but it’s not forever.
So live for today and let go of your history, the world is your oyster and your future’s a mystery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!