Thank You Comet!!!

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1”, boomed the announcer. As the rocket took off, the girls clutched each other’s hand tightly. The vibrations were so strong that Sandra could feel tears streaming out from her eyes. “This rocket is so going to ruin my hairstyle” complained Emma. “Quit worrying about your hairstyle, what about mine?” retorted Natalie. “YOU should worry about my hairstyle” shouted Emma. “No mine!” “No mine!” “Save your breath for when we reach Venus” shouted Tasha. “Whatever,” shouted Natalie. As those two quarrelled and quarrelled, Tasha asked Sandra “Are you going to say something?” “Nope” replied Sandra. “Are you sure?” Tasha asked again. “Absolutely” said Sandra. “But you really need to join the conversation”, protested Tasha. “Is there even ‘a’ conversation” asked Sandra glancing at Emma and Natalie who were still fighting. “Whatever but don’t act so high and mighty about it!” said Tasha who had a very stony face. “I’m not going to talk to you anymore” fumed Sandra. “I thought you just did,” smirked Tasha.
As the 4 quarrelled endlessly they soon reached space. “This is so amazing” cried Emma. “I know” sighed Natasha. “Finally they agree on ‘something’” muttered Tasha. “Did we ever”, said Sandra, eyebrow raised. Natasha had a really dreamy look in her eye… “Wow!” she exclaimed, “Earth looks way better from up here!” “Yeah!” said Sandra, “We’re on our way to Venus! “Ok, everyone” said Tasha, “anyone wants something to eat ‘cause I’m starving. “Hmph… your always thinking about food” said Emma rolling her eyes. “Whatever” replied Tasha. “Ooh, yum… CHIPS” exclaimed Tasha. She took out a chip, but suddenly it floated away. “Hey” complained Tasha. “Don’t run away”. Suddenly the rocket started pulling forward like dust sweeping away into a vacuum cleaner.
“Oh no, no, no,” groaned Natalie “We were too caught up in our own thing to realize there’s a black hole heading right our way!” “OK everyone; get to the steering wheel this instance.” commanded Emma “What about the, the chip”? asked Tasha. “FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE WILL YOU JUST STOP THINKING ABOUT FOOD”, everyone barked. “Ok, fine” said Tasha stubbornly. “123 pull!!!”, shouted Sandra. Everyone pulled as hard as they could but it was no use, the steering wheel seemed to spin out of control and it sent the girls flying. “Nooooooooo, my days of being a fashion model are over” complained Natalie and Emma. “Well, what about my darling chips, waiting for me to gobble them up” asked Tasha. “Will everyone stop complaining and help me think of a solution!” screamed Sandra. “Oh no we’re nearly inside the hole” whimpered Emma. Suddenly…KABOOM!!!!!!!!! A comet flew straight for the helpless rocket. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”screamed the 4 girls. 1 hour later…
“Hey… why are we in the ocean?” asked Sandra. “I think when the comet flew straight for us, its pressure flew the rocket into the ocean.” replied Emma. “I can’t believe we survived” squealed Tasha, “my eating days are NOT over.” “Hey wait… how are we going to get to land if we have absolutely no idea where we are?” asked Natasha. “Well…”said Sandra, “we survived a quick escape from a black hole, so I think surviving in the midst of an ocean will be a LOT easier” All 4 girls smiled from ear to ear. “Thank you comet!!!” shouted the 4 girls.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!