Ranger Election

Arazelle is a country well-known for its precious gems, forests and Rangers. What are Rangers? Rangers are men who have the skill to use the long bow and move quickly and quietly.
Arazelle has also became famous for a girl who had a dream, a dream to become a ranger....

'Good morning, Aurore' called Grace from the garden. Grace was the gardener for castle Arazelle. She had long brownish-reddish hair, brown eyes and was wearing a green dress with a pink bow on the front.
'Morning Grace, Do y'know where Hal is?' replied Aurore. Aurore is 15, 16 in a few days. Everyone comments on how soft and pretty her dark brown hair is. Today she is wearing mottled green and brown cloak - covering down to her knees, which she wears brown tights.
'I dunno. He was here a second ago and-' Grace got to speak no further. There was a rustle of branches in the near by forest.
'Hal?' Aurore asked the rustling branches.
'Who's Hal?' Replied the branches.
'A Goofy little boy about this high-' Grace moved her hand up to her waist - grace was a tall woman. '-and has scruffy brown hair and big brown eyes. I believe he is wearing a dress-'
'I AM NOT!' Hal yelled, jumping out from his hiding spot.
'What were you doing in there?' asked Aurore a little confused for her liking.
'I'm practicing to become a ranger' replied Hal.
'Oh. Well i guess i'll leave you to it' said Aurore a little sadly.
'You can practice too if you want, i won't mind.' Said Hal.
To tell the truth, Hal wanted Aurore to say yes. Hal loved Aurore, but he didn't know that she also loved him.
'Why bother, it's not like i'll become one' Said Aurore gloomily.
'I think you have a fair chance' That was grace.
'You think?' asked Aurore
'Sure'
'What so i'll pinch your flowers without you knowing' said Aurore smiling cheekily.
'Don't you dare' laughed Hal 'She'll get ya!'


Aurore, Hal, Chester and Erak all chose Ranger their first choice. But only two got through.
'Hes crossed off Chester' Hal whispered to Aurore.
'I still wonder how you know this stuff' whispered Aurore.
'Shh!' Snapped The guards at the back of the room.
'Sorry' Hal and Aurore replied in unison.
'Now' said Vestrick. Vestrick is the ranger of Arazelle. He got the lucky spot of selecting apprentices. 'Let's see. Hal?'
'Yes'
'Your in'
'YE-i mean thank you sir..'
'I should think so...and Chester?'
'Yes?'
Aurore Was struggling to keep her tears in tack. Had Hal lied to her? What if Chester or Erak gets through?
'I'm sorry but maybe next year you should-'
'I know, I know' Chester interrupted.
'Good 'cause Aurore your in, even though your a girl...'
'Oh....um...thank..you sir?'
'Your luck King Franklin has faith in you.'
Aurore didn't pay anymore attention to what happened after that. 'I've become a ranger' Aurore said to herself. 'King Franklin is not the only one who has faith in me'.
Aurore fell asleep dreaming of the adventures she'll have. But little did she know it'll be a whole lot harder than she expected...
...TO BE CONTINUED...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!