Ocean Lord

I feel as though I'm floating through space, that my mind is at peace and my heart is resting. But then again, with every dream, you have to wake up. I feel as though this pressure is crushing me, my lungs running out of air, water filling up the room. 'This can't be real,' I think, 'I can't really be drowning, it must be a dream!' But alas, no dream should be able to kill you.
I swim strong and hard, and arrive at my bedroom window. I kick as hard as I can and keep going until it breaks. As I'm swimming up, up into this reality that is so unbelievably devastating, I wonder if the rest of my family is alright. From my two little brothers to my elder brother and parents. It appears as though I'm thirty metres under, with air that may just last me ten seconds. As the last of my oxygen dissipates from my body, my mind is serenely calm, knowing that this is it. As my body stops fighting and I start sinking, a giant looming figure comes through the water and pushes me up towards the surface, using the top of its gigantic whale-like head. I breathe in the oxygen I'd been so desperately requiring just a while ago and in my sputtering I heard a deep, strong, booming voice from below me, "are you still alive?" The voice asked.
"Yes, thank you, you've saved my life," I managed to weakly say to my saviour.
As I look around and see deep ocean blue skin with dark red markings going all around the creatures body. It seemed my saviour was not a ship, but a monster of some sort.
"Thank the great ocean lord for that, if you'd died it would've been on my head," the deep voice spoke, "don't worry, I'll take you to safety now,"
"Wait, what about my family!" I manage to croak out, "I need to search for them, they could still be alive!"
The creature was silent for a moment before exhausting a large, long sigh which made a crevasse in the water that stretched for at least fifty metres, "it's been over two hours since this town has been submerged, there's no way anyone could have survived."
"But there's no way! How could I have survived then!" I shout, exasperated.
"You mean you're 'parents' never told you?" The sea creature asked, "sir Umi, you are the prince of the ocean, son of The Lord of the seas,"
Only one thought ran through my mind at that point, 'impossible,'

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!