Killed

Rebekah rushed into the supply closet trying to escape from the evil that had taken over her. What was she thinking? It’s in her blood, she cannot escape it. She had just killed somebody. He’s lying dead in the living room. Not moving, not breathing. She had just KILLED someone. She didn’t even know him. Only said two words to him, and now he’s dead. She has blood on her hands.
Rebekah looked down at her clothes and her hands, only to see blood splattered everywhere. She still had the knife that she used to kill him in her hand.
Her father had said that this would happen. That she would lose her temper at some point and kill whatever was in her path. She’s a killer, a cold-blooded killer. It’s in her blood to kill, nothing can stop that.
She’s a hunter. But why did she kill that guy? She only kills monsters, not humans. Unless…
She walked out of the closet and the guy had disappeared. He was nowhere to be seen.
Rebekah heard a noise behind her and when she turned around she was attacked by the same guy she thought she had killed. “Get off me.” She shrieked making the guys eardrums burst. The guy got the knife out of her hand and threw it at the wall where it stuck into the wall.
She struggled to get to her feet but she managed to throw the guy off of her and jump up. She ran towards the knife and got to it just in time. The guy attacked her again and this time, when she turned she stuck the knife into his heart. He stumbled backwards and then just disappeared into thin air.
Rebekah fell to the ground. She felt stronger, more powerful, more alive. She had to get out of there.
She ran towards the door not knowing that there were people waiting for her. When she opened up the door she was shot in the leg. She didn’t feel anything, didn’t even buckle at the knees a little. She just stood there watching their surprised faces turn into horror. Rebekah dug the bullet out of her leg and just stood there.
She smelled something in the air. She smelled demons.
She ran passed the confused police, towards that strange smell. Once she found what she had been hunting she dragged her into an alleyway and asked her: “Who are you?” “Annabelle. Who are you?” she said “Doesn’t matter. What are you?” Rebekah said “Exactly what you are. A demon hunter. I had just killed one that’s why I smell like one. You know, you smell like one too.” She said “Yes I know, I just had a run in with one myself.” Rebekah said then she drove the knife into Annabelle’s heart. Annabelle fell backwards and disappeared just like the other one. “Demon hunter, yer right.” Rebekah said and walked away into the busy street. This is going to be a long year, she thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!