Leaving For War

The day has arrived. My heart is thumping like a drum so hard, it feels like it will burst out of my rib cage. Sweat, dripping from my face. I turn around, and my heart shatters into a million pieces. Watching my parents wave their last goodbye as tears roll down their cheeks one after another. I can’t take it anymore. I fall down to my knees and tears begin to burst out of my swollen eyes. My knees are bleeding from the sharp, rocky cement but I don’t care anymore. Every time I try to stop crying, more tears run down my face. A warm hand is placed on my shoulder. “God bless America”, a soft voice says from behind me. I finally manage to stop crying and stand up. I turn to face the person behind me. It’s the captain. “We’re about to sail away.” My eyes spin around to face my parents, but they’re not there. Too depressed to say one last goodbye, they leave. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. My shaking legs manage to slowly walk down towards the boat. It is now my last day on land for months to come. Only prayers can save me now. It is war time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!