Edmunds Letter

Edmund’s Letter


My dearest Father,
I begin this letter so formally, I cannot help but remember a time when I called you “Daddy”. It is this special bond that I ask you remember, in your last days. Although I say “Last Days” do not be disheartened for you are stronger in mind than you have ever been. Do not see your passing away as a defeat by the hands of death, rather see it as a success among men, for you have achieved so much in your life that you will be seen in awe throughout the ages to come. It is of this, that I write to you about.
You have a choice you must now make, which will determine how you are seen throughout the ages to come. There is no doubt that you will be seen as powerful, but you now have the opportunity to be seen as wise too. I, being so close to you, know this already and am certain of it but what better way is there to present this fact to the world than in your death. When you pass, your power will live on but you must choose who will wield it. This is the choice I have spoken of.
I realise upon reading this you will by now fully understand my motives, being the wise man you are. Yes it is true, I desire to wield your power and I ask for it but, I ask for this with your free will in mind. It is not for me to climb into the bear’s cave while he is out and declare “Look at me, I have defeated this great beast and am equal to it in power” No! That is for you to declare.
We are of the same blood and of the same kind. Allow your legacy to live on in the hands of someone most like you. For this you will be remembered as powerful, wise and graceful in departure.
Consider my siblings but I suggest you will find no other that has the embrace of the mighty bear, which may be either deadly or comforting.
My dearest daddy, goodbye.
Edmund.

By Michael Hyland

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!