Voices

I can hear it, a voice echoing through the night. His passage never changes, he says the same thing over and over. I beg and plead for him to leave, I beg and plead for him to be silent, but nothing. He doesn't listen to me, it's as if he can't hear me at all. Over and over again, the same passage. I don't know when I began to hear him, or how he came to be. It is only now he began to get more urgent, more demanding.
"Help, help me please. They're after me, they won't stop till the find me, help me".
I've tried asking him who's after him, and how he wants help - but he responds with the same thing, over and over.
"Help, help me please. They're after me, they won't stop till the find me, help me".
"Please, if only you told me what was wrong I could help you, I'm your friend" I said into the darkness, praying once again he's listen to me. Over and over again, the same passage.
"Help, help me please. They're after me, they won't stop till they find me, help me".
His lack of response didn't frustrate me anymore, it made me feel a stronger need to help him. Why was he scared?
"Help, help me please. They're after me, they won't stop till they find me. Help me".
"If you won't tell me what is scaring you, then you don't have to" I said, looking u at the dark ceiling. "I'll just be there for you, listening. If only you'd tell me what's wrong".
"Help, help me please. They're after me, they won't stop till they find me. Help me".
There was a loud knocking on the front door of my house, It startled me. I cautiously crept out of my bed room and through the hall there was no light on the other side of the door. I stood on tiptoe and looked through the spy glass, but nothing was to be seen. I unlocked the door slowly, scared to know what was out in the unknown. I opened thee door slowly, but when I peeked out there was nothing, nothing at all.
"They've found me! They've found me!"
"What?" I asked, closing and locking the door. "There was no one there, don't be so scared".
"I'm going to die, you're going to die, we're both going to die".
"What are you-". I was cut off by the floor creaking, even though I wasn't moving. I turned slowly, a dark figure stood behind me. I couldn't speak, I couldn't scream, I couldn't move.
The dark figure lifted his arm in the air, and muttered in a deep husky voice.
"I'm sorry. But it's your fault for letting a demon live inside you".
That was the last thing I heard before feeling his blade slice through my throat, a deep clean cut.
"I'm going to die, you're going to die, we're both going to die".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!