Global Prison

I am looking at a picture through the bars of a global prison. This area is a scaled jail that very few can escape from. This constraining place forces those of peace and of war to stand together and coexist upon the same plane. Staring intently at this place all around us, officials urge the idea that the prisoners are in fact free to roam this place whilst, in fact, they are under a constant unknown gaze.
Often a name or face will linger in the jail of our existence, briefly bringing salvation or hope to the faces of the prisoners, before their expressions are suffocated by the fear and sadness of which the officials bring. They are under a constant unknown gaze. Those that escape through means of death are mourned briefly, and then forgotten, swiftly pushed away to a morbid place out of our existence, their expressions suffocated by the fear and sadness of which the officials bring. All these faults are placed behind a curtain made to divert the eye. This curtain is dubbed by us as a society. Should these secrets be uncovered, a coat of paint in the color of blood would be plastered over the curtain as if to show other prisoners.
It is not long before the illusory mirror will shatter, showering fire and brimstone upon all who resist and try to rebel against the higher power outside these sodden jail walls that we know to be the human race.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!