We Are Who We Are.

CHAPTER 1

There was a boy in grade 4 who came home from school with tears filling his eyes. He cried to his mother, “I think I am gay”. His mother seemed very disappointed and said firmly, “But you have loved girls all your life. We are who we are and nothing is wrong with people who are gay.” As the boy left the room he said to himself, “I can’t change, even if I wanted to. I am me and I just need to be me.”

CHAPTER 2

People who are gay get harrassed every day and sometimes people hate gay people. The boy thought about being gay and liking other boys and realised that this isn’t bad. The boy felt that his body and mind was against him and the boy felt like he was different. He felt like everyone and everything was turning against him.

CHAPTER 3

As the boy was getting harrassed at school he was filling up with hatred for himself, until one day when he saw that he wasn’t the only one who was gay. He realised that people are who they are and it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks. The boy just needed to be himself and if he wants to be gay that’s ok. He thought we have just got one life to live, so we should be ourselves and accept people if they’re gay, have a different religion or have different skin colour.

WE CAN’T CHANGE BECAUSE WE ARE WHO WE ARE.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!