WANTED

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

WANTED
By Robert Taylor
Year 6L 2013
As quick as lightning I sprint behind a heap of dusty, musty old mattresses and cheap broken computers, as flashing red and blue lights and blaring sirens flash past and disappear into the darkness as fast as they came. I peer out from behind a broken mattress with springs sticking sharply out at odd intervals, as I look into the silent forbidding blackness of the night. I quickly zig zag through more heaps of old dusty junk, and carefully, yet speedily, crawl through a jagged hole in the fence of the dump.

Just as I pull my foot through, I feel something clamp onto my foot as strong as a heavy weight lifting champion, as cold drool runs down my leg. I turn my head and see the most enormous dog I’ve ever seen, with a black leather collar and tall, pointy ears twitching above small beady eyes. The dog drags me vigorously towards bright blue and red lights flashing on top of a small car. I am dragged into the back seat just as I black out…

I am sitting In a cold, black metal chair as a tall police officer shows me footage of a small, slim teenager in a black and white chessboard hoodie, like the one I’m wearing, stealing a watch from an old, rundown watch shop that I have never seen. I insist to the officer that I did nothing, however, he doesn’t answer. I look closer as I put on the watch when I realise the vandal really isn’t me at all. The police officer watches the footage and looks at my wrist and mutters something.

Suddenly a little old lady with cookies and other sweets on a tray walks in and offers both of us a snack. The officer takes a donut but I however take nothing. After all the allergy chain on my left wrist says I can’t eat high sugar foods, unlike my fake criminal look alike!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!