Never Trust Old Houses With Wooden Walls!

Pitta-Patta as the rain hit the old rusty tin on the roof. Mordicai looked up and saw that the ceiling was missing. There was an electric fault so there was very little light that barely filled the room by itself and it was escaping through small gaps in between planks of wood poorly nailed together to make a wall. Mordicai started to walk slowly and cautiously. “Why did I let James talk me into this?” He thought to himself. He kept walking to the end of the room that had no door he tried to avoid the floorboards that had holes in them. “I wonder how James is going down stairs.” Mordicai asked himself with a slight chuckle. Mordicai stepped out the room and headed cautiously down the stairs he held onto an old unstable and loose rail hoping that if he fell through the floor it would stop him. “Thump!! Creek!! Thump!! Creek!!” As Mordicai kept walking down the stairs. “mmm!” Mordicai quietly growled. “I wish these floorboards would stop creaking.” he continued. He exited the stair in haste and walked softly towards an old dusty wardrobe that must have been 8ft tall. He yanked the door to open it but this failed. So he used a more forceful motion but this as well failed. “oh far out.” He whispered loudly with aggression. He then thought to himself, “maybe James can help me open it. “Too afraid to make too much noise Mordicai decided to walk around slowly whispering loudly. “James!! James!!! Where are you James!!” Mordicai started to get worried. He stood still and “aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” an ear splitting scream. “Holy Hell!” Mordicai yelled as he was sure it was James. Mordicai started to panic he started to call for James loudly as well as this he ran towards the scream. There was no other noise apart from the rain hitting the roof. Mordicai kept running when an earth quake like pattern occurred and a dark hole opened up in the wall and an old human like creature that was covered in mold and his face was hidden by locks of hair climbed out the hole and walked towards Mordicai the house continued to shake but much more violently things were falling apart. The humanlike creature got closer to Mordicai. "Thump!" as a dead body hit the deck. "AAARRRGGGHHH!!!" Mordicai screamed as it was James’s body; blood was rushing from his nose and his eyes were colourless. Mordicai was to petrified to move the creature touched Mordicai and Mordicai hit the deck as he was dead. the house couldn’t stand the shaking anymore and it all collapsed and James and Mordicai were never to be seen again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!