Jack And The Beanstalk

Once upon a time there lived a small boy named Jack. Jack lived with his mother and their cow Deloris. Jack’s family was not very wealthy but they managed to scrape by. One day feeling very generous Jack decided he wanted to buy Deloris a new bell, so Jack told his mother he wanted to go to the local markets.

As they reached the markets Jack and his mother encountered a strange looking man, the man said, “Would you be interested in some magic beans.” Something about the man’s voice seemed very odd, but Jack really wanted to see what these magic beans were. Jack said to the man “ I would very much like to purchase your beans.” “Excellent” said the man,
The man said, “ What will you give me?” Jack looked at his mother and his mother shook her head. Jack looked back at the man and after much thought Jack said, “ Would my mother be a suitable trade?” The man looked at Jack’s mother and said, “That is an acceptable trade.” The man seized Jack’s mother and they disappeared.

Jack went home very disappointed; he had not managed to get a bell for Deloris, Jack went inside his now empty home and started to boil the water for tea. Jack now very disappointed with his trade he planted the beans next to Deloris’ pen. Jack then went inside and ate his dinner, after dinner Jack went to bed.

Jack awoke from his night of slumber and went to feed and milk Deloris. Still very sleepy, he didn’t notice the gigantic beanstalk until he walked right into it. Jack stood there stunned looking at the beanstalk. He looked up and up and up but he could not see the top of the stalk. Feeling very brave Jack decided he would climb the beanstalk. Up and up he climbed but still he could not see the top. Jack finally reached the clouds but the beanstalk still went up, so Jack said to himself, “ I’ll just rest here for a minute then I will have to keep going.” Just as Jack was about to keep climbing something caught his eye, a giant was walking out of a gigantic castle. Jack quickly started to climb but something stopped him, the giant had started to cry, his cries boomed in his ears, so Jack decided to go and see what was wrong.

As Jack jumped off the beanstalk the giant’s cries became louder and louder as Jack moved closer. When Jack reached the giant he asked what was wrong, and the giant said “ I am very lonely upon my cloud, I only have my golden goose for company. He said to the giant, “Well you have me, I sold my mother for some beans, and the beans lead me here.” At first the giant just stood there and then he said, “Well I would love for you to stay with me but we must cut down the stalk.” As he pondered this statement the giant had already started to cut down the beanstalk. “WAIT” Jack screamed, “Before you cut down the beanstalk could you please help me find my mummy I miss her dearly.” The giant considered this because he really did want the company, so the giant climbed down the beanstalk and left Jack alone with his thoughts.

About an hour later the giant returned with Jack’s mother, but the giant only dropped off Jacks mother, the giant kept climbing until he was gone. Jack and his mother stood awestruck and silent when suddenly a loud thud came from the direction from the stalk, it was their cow Deloris. Then suddenly every thing became smaller, Jack realized that he and his mother were growing to the size of giants. After they had fully grown the beanstalk fell and there was only Jack, his mother and Deloris left on the clouds. Jack, his mother and Deloris lived very happily as the new giants of the sky and if you listen closely on stormy days you can here the thundering footsteps of Jack the giant.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!