Jack And The Beanstalk

Once upon a time their lived a poor boy with his mother. They lived in a small house with little land, this is because the boy’s mother would gamble away their money at every chance she had. One day Danielle –the boys mother- told her son jack to go into the town and sell their only cow as she had just gambled the remainder of their money. As doing what he was told Jack scurried away quickly to fetch the cow and took it to be sold. When Jack got home he rushed to his troublesome mother and told her about the magic beans he had bought with the money he got from the cow. His mother was furious! She needed that money for her gambling!! She smacked him over the head and threw the seeds away.

The next day Jack awoke and he saw a huge green vine outside his window. He rushed outside to go and see what it was, he was very curious as to what this mysterious thing was, so he climbed it; he climbed and climbed until he finally got to the top. He saw a large majestic castle, he wondered through the mysterious land until he reach the castle. He knocked on the door, no one answered. He knocked again and the door creaked open, he wondered in and looked around for a bit before stumbling upon a pile of golden eggs. He looked over his shoulders before stuffing three into his pocket and ran out of the castle, on his way out he knocked over a lamp though and it woke up the person living there. He head big loud thumps and he raced out quickly and slide down the vine to show his mother the golden eggs, she screamed in delight. Jack sat outside at the back of the house bored, oblivious to exactly what his mother was doing inside his home. As Jack was sitting there he heard a loud BANG and he went to check what it was but he saw no one or anything that belonged to his mother in sight.

His mother had in fact left Jack, she was too caught up in her addiction that at the first chance she got she would leave her only son. Danielle had not always been the best mother but Jack had still loved her a lot. Jack went to the front of the house and began to cry; he heard another BANG, and another and another. Soon a big shadow was standing over him, he looked up very scared. Jack was face to face with a huge giant! James- the giant- immediately softened when he saw the tears upon the little boys face. “Don’t cry little boy” he said, he sat down next to the boy and put his arm around him. “What’s Wrong?” ask James. Jack began to tell the Giant about what had happened, even the part about him stealing the eggs. James is a very kind giant, so of course he forgave Jack. “ Now what am I suppose to do?” cried Jack, “You could come with me up in the clouds, it’s big enough, and I’m always lonely “said James. Jack smiled up at James “Really? After what I did to you?” he asked. “Of Course” said James, and with that they both got up, James picked up Jack and lifted him into the clouds and they grew to be the best friends one could only wish for.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!