On A Cold Winter's Night A Strange Occurrence Took Place

On a cold winters night a strange occurrence took place.
Nick pulled up this creamy white sheets on his bed to the chin on his face. He was scared out of his brains and his eyes popped out so wide that you could see the pupils in his eyes widen. A screeching noise came from under his bed and Nick started to worry that it was a monster or something else. That noise started to get louder and louder. Nick started to get the courage to take a peek under his bed. He creeped up slowly on the side of his wooden bed and pulled himself down so that he was looking under the bed upside down. 

Nothing was to be seen and no noise occurred. No monster was in site at all so Nick decided to go back to sleep. As he covered his small waisted body with his creamy white sheets a bang on his window thudded the room with sound. Nick jolted up out of his sheets and flung his body upright onto his carpet floor.

 He saw a shadow that was as large as a monster right next to his window. Nick slowly took a footstep at a time over to his white framed window and took a look outside. A flash of light beamed through the window and this made Nick fall down onto his backside. A strange figure opened the window and stepped inside Nicks small room. This figure said "Can we be friends?" Nick didn't know what just had happened, he couldn't believe it. This figure was a small girl who had green pail skin, and a shadow that always was attached to her. Nick asked "Who are you?" The small girl replied " I've been watching you for months now, I've come from  planet mars and my spaceship has crash landed in your yard, I've never met a human before, will you be my friend?" sheasked again. Nick was so shocked and surprised that he has met a 'so called' alien. Nick said " Ok sure we can be friend." 

Everyday after this event occurred Nick and this alien called Candina remained friends and every night they sneaked outside to play in the backyard. One day a strange occurrence occurred though. Nicks spaceship started to glow bright yellow. This meant that the spaceship was fixed and ready to go back to herbplanet. Candina didn't want to leave. She met this boy called Nick and decided she wanted to stay with him forever. Nick wanted this to happen to so Candina covered up her spaceship and left it hiding in the bush in the yard. 

30 years later- Candina and Nick now live in a small cream cottage together and have 3 children that they will take to mars together, when they are older so they can experience the half life that they have not experienced yet. On a cold Winters night a strange occurrence took place. 


By Candice may from Bramar College yr 11 age 17 on 26/08/1996

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!