Malice



Breathing hard I open my eyes; I’m in a room surrounded by bodies, the corpses of the dead. I can’t remember anything. Where I am, who I am or why I am in this room, which smells of pure terror and pain. Moving my limbs seems impossible, I feel broken, hopeless. I try to look around, but all I can see are the blood covered walls. It’s so quiet, and I’m so cold, the pieces of clothes that I’m wearing are shredded and bloodied.
My eyes hurt, everywhere hurts. I try to call out but I can’t, my mouth won’t open. I start hitting my foot on the floor, making small thumping sounds. All of a sudden I hear the loud slap of boots against the cold ground, and then a crash as the metal door opens. I still can’t move, so I wait for the person to come to me. Though when she does I want to scream. I close my eyes as my head suddenly feels like it is on fire as I begin to remember everything. I open my eyes again to see her cruel evil face staring down at me. I try to move, to run. But the last sounds I hear before blacking out is her twisted laugh and her mumble “It’s time for you to go Kylie”.
Hours before
I laugh as I look around; Paige’ is smiling her signature smile of joy. Nobody thought that we were running towards our end. Whilst walking through the town, we hear a scream. I tell her it’s probably just a kid having fun. We keep walking but the screams go on, each time sounding more terrifying. I walk faster, ‘Paige come on lets go” I mumble. “Paige” I say again, there’s no response. I turn to see what she’s doing, but she is gone, in her place blood, a long unending trail. I start to yell her name louder and louder but all I hear is silence. As I run back I hear the screams again, but this time their Paige’s.
They get louder the more I run, I suddenly see a house. The sounds are coming from in there. I can’t think straight as I run up the steps and start pounding on the door. It creaks open and I race inside, checking the rooms. I come across one with a steal door, the screams are coming from in there. I kick against the door until it opens; inside is Paige lying on the floor, covered in blood. I step inside and see more bodies, piles of them. I trip and fall as I try to get to her, I start crawling. When I reach her I check her pulse. There is none. I begin to scream and try to get up, get out. But the door slams shut, and I see a face of evil. She has a knife… “How could you?” I scream in anger, she smiles at me and whispers “like this”.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!