Scares From Falconreach Number One, Bazooky Town's Monster Sanctuary

i apologise, this is an amended version of my son's story. i left a line out when i typed it- much to his irritation!


SCARES FROM FALCONREACH
By Conor Murphy
#1 Bazooky Town’s Monster Sanctuary
It was a dark, stormy night when fear struck Bazooky Town! Well it happened at Husborne’s pub. A trillion litres of beer was given to a townsfolk for winning a game of poker??!! The next day, they buried him in a tomb, and came around to cry. And at midday a terrible storm was brewing, so they trecked back home to Bazooky Town. At night Mr Glockenspy lay down in bed, just to hear…….an owl hoot. He got a big fright, so he went to the toilet. He pulled out a magazine when suddenly he heard a faint DESTROY, MUST DESTROY! He ran outside and his dog bit him very hard. Suddenly the moon became full. An urge to jump into the moon’s rays was so strong that Mr Glockenspy had to do it. A weird process was going on in Bazooky town because Mr Glockenspy was gone and a wolf was tearing down Whoopsadaisy Lane. At Growbs place a shadow of Mr Enstein was seen, so the not-so-bright Mrs Underpanties called to the shadow “Hi Frank, think you can scare me eh?” And Mr Enstein started stiff robot zombie-like walking towards the Gogobot Hotel where the rich liked to stay and entered. No-one saw him walk up to the Halloween party to ruin it, and when he got there, he burst the door down. He staggered in the room and stormed to the jack-o-lantern at the end of the hall. When he got there, he threw the jack-o-lantern down the side of the building and yelled, catch! Then eyes glowing orange, blood dripping red and skin coloured green, he marched to Mrs Underpanties room. He burst into the room and went to Mrs Underpanties. “Mary, your underpants sure are merry and my name is not Frank. Enstein, it is Frankenstein, and your name is Merry Underpanties, so goodbye, and by the way, please write a story about me, or else…”said Mr Enstein. So, she got to work, and came up with Frankenstein! Meanwhile, Mr Enstein was running towards a pack of wolves, shouting their names. Are you here: Mr Weirdo, Mrs Awestruck, Mr Blooperlegs, Mrs Dogobrain, and Mr Glockenspy! They all answerd like this aroooooooooooooooooo.. “So now let’s get down to the basics, Mr Glockenspy, jack-o-lantern please,” said Mr Enstein as a wolf handed him a glowing evil-faced pumpkin. “Ahhh, the jack-o-lantern, attention everyone: as long as this jack-o-lantern is lit, we are safe in the sun, however if the flame is out, and we are in the sun, we will turn into humans” said Mr Enstein! The next day they were wrecking havoc in the Bazooky town school. The last class they attacked was 7SP. 7SP were having a fire drill so they found no-one there. Seconds later the principal walked into the mutation cage that they had set up and mutated into a mummy. They went to investigate and found a fat mummy and a book. Mr Enstein ripped the book to pieces but alas, the silly monster should have read the page that said:Never leave a burning flame unattended…. Meanwhile, in the jack-o-lantern’s secret hiding room, the curtain had caught ablaze by the flame and the fire brigade were coming. Suddenly the smartest wolf, Mr Weirdo realized what was happening. He ran and ran but he didn’t make it through the sun before the jack-o-lantern was put out. Suddenly all the wolves and Mr Enstein as well as the mutated principal were caught in a bright yellow light. When the light died down: the people they killed were alive, the wolves and principal were back to normal people, and Mr Enstein was dead again. However, the yellow light made their brains forget one thing: Mrs Underpanties’ own name. They called her: Mary Shelly, and Mrs Underpanties liked this, so she put: Mary Shelly, on Frankenstein.
THE END, OR MAYBE NOT….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!