Under A Darkened Sky

Dear diary

It’s cold tonight, really cold. My toes and fingers have already succumbed to the numbness of a freezing night. I’m wearing my best jacket, its red, my favourite colour. I’ve known this for a while now but the people I once called friends have drifted off, walking away and laughing every time I try and talk to them. I don’t know what’s wrong, is it me? Or are they just playing a trick? It’s driving me insane. I’ve started to hear voices too, there cold and harsh and make me feel as though I’m falling into a never ending hole of sadness, where my smiles and cheeriness have disappeared. But I’m happy right now, because tonight all the pain will stop. I’m going out the classic way, you now were they look for the highest possible building, climb to the top, and look as if there contemplating the stars. Well, I’m doing that right now, but all the buildings and skyscrapers are blocking my view at the dark sky. All the buildings are ugly, dull colours. It suits them actually, because the people inside them are just as dull, only focused on themselves as they follow societies’ rules like a herd of sheep. Ah, now the moons come out from hiding behind a cloud, its white beauty mocking me from up above. It’s the perfect moment really, this is the last line left in my diary, so I’m going to take my last step forward, into the forever abyss of darkness. Goodbye, my sweet nothing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!