Man Or Monster

I banged my fist repeatedly on his door. "Please answer! I need you now more than ever!" I screamed as a single tear rolled down my face. I was standing in the pouring rain trying to get his attention. He opened up the door with a face full of heartbreak. "What do you want? All I am to you is a monster..." he mumbled in a cold, angry voice at me. "Please help... It's after me!" I shouted, taking a step forward and placing my hand against his face, but he immediately took a step back and my hand dropped. "I can't help you. I’m just a monster." I could tell by the look in his eyes and the tone of his voice that I broke him, I broke his heart and in return I broke my own. I began to apologize when suddenly; something wrapped around my waist and pulled me back into the darkness of the forest. He called out to me but I was already too far away. I screamed for him and told him I will always love him. Whatever had a hold of me for some reason let me go. I collapsed to the ground and looked up to face the creature, noticing that it was forced to let me go by another presence. When the clouds moved away from the moon, I realized it was not a beast, nor monster, but the man I truly love. He wasn't the monster - he was saving me from the monster. He slayed the terrifying creature with his heart and soul until he knew for sure I was safe. He came over to me and swept me off of my feet and carried me bridal style. I kept crying and shaking in his arms. He leaned in and whispered into my ear "I will never let you go and I promise that whatever happens, I will always protect you".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!