A Fly Dream

I was relaxing near the pool in our backyard - it was burning hot, the buzzing of the flies around me made me drowsy and slowly I dozed off…….
Suddenly, I found myself flying through the trees… I smelt left over lasagna and strangely found myself darting towards the edge of the bin from which the delicious smell was coming. I dived into the dome filled with food and ate as much as I could.
Then something was thrown into bin and I fell off the edge and found myself lying in the most delicious smelling thing I had ever smelt.
It was soft, brown and gooey. I realized that I was lying in dog poo. I struggled to be free but no matter how hard I tried I could not. Then I saw a jogger coming straight at the pile of poo. I closed my eyes and heard a loud “squelch”. I opened my eyes and found myself on the bottom of the jogger’s boot alive but dirty. “Squelch…squelch…squelch…squelch…” went the jogger’s boots until there was a dead stop. Now What??
I heard a gate creaking and knew that the jogger has reached her house. She opened the door, headed straight for the bathroom, removed her shoes and threw them into a sink filled with water.
“PLONK” I was free! I was free - then I saw it….a cupboard filled with Jellybeans, chips, leftovers, biscuits and other most scrumptious sweets.
“Mummy, can I have a bickie?”Asked a baby-ish voice.
“Sure darling!” replied the jogger.
What seemed to be a giant hand reached into the cupboard and took out the biscuits. The baby looked into the cupboard for something more and I knew he had spotted me when I saw his stunned, scared face.
“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!” screamed the baby.
“What is it darling?” asked the jogger.
“Mummy! I-I-It’s a f-f-fly!!” shouted the baby.
The jogger darted around the corner clutching a fly swat in her hand. She chased me all around the house. Thank God I spotted an open window for she was inches away from me. I went up, up, up to the highest tree top.
My head was spinning so much that I did not realise I was heading straight for a spider web. I couldn’t free myself. My heart was pounding once again when I saw a big green spider slowly walking towards me.
Suddenly it pounced on me. I jumped. I opened my eyes, looked around and realized it was only a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!