Dangerously Beautiful.

She didn't dare look into his eyes. Instead, Summer kept her gaze fixed onto the ground, suddenly fascinated by the way her feet burrowed into the sand. She felt his ice hard fingers lift her chin. They were cold, she thought, nothing but cold. "Forgive me Summer", he spoke, his breath fanning across her cheek. She slowly trailed her eyes up his face before they finally met his gaze. Dark, evil and dangerously beautiful. His eyes burned into hers, almost challenging. She let a tear trail down her scathed cheek. She then did the same thing she would do any other time. She nodded. She watched as his lips turned into a lethal smirk. He showed no regret and didn't bother with fake promises of never doing it again. They both knew he would. He brushed his fingers across her busted lips, making her wince. He grinned, for he knew that underneath all this hate, she still loved him. He slowly leant forward before planting a soft kiss on her forehead. Summer simply froze in place, ignoring the sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. His smile was so deceiving, so sinful and so diabolical... It made Summer feel insignificant. He left then, without another word. He carried on with his walk along the beach, like nothing happened, leaving his young tormented wife without a second thought. Summer never felt so deserted. He made her next decision for her, when he walked away. She knew she would never get another perfect opportunity like this again... Water flowed around her ankles, gentle and hesitant. She slowly waded deeper into the ocean, the liquefied ice tugging at her knees, willing her to go deeper. The wind cut against her figure, one more step it seemed to whisper. Gratefully she took another step finding warmth in the way the waves would just roll around her. Just close your eyes and let it be, another tranquil gust of wind whispered. Tilting her head to the night sky, Summer took a deep breathe. She thought of all the times her husband made her feel special, telling her that her eyes glistened so brightly, it brought the stars to shame. Remembering the days where brutal words and threats did not exist, Summer slowly took another step, slipping under the surface of the black sea. She knew she was in for more then she bargained for when she felt the waters greed. Pulling her down into its endless depths. It did not want to be patient. No, it wanted her now. The water wrenched Summer's lips apart and slowly slid down her throat, like a snake taking its prey. It hit the bottom of her lungs, forcing her to scream, merely to have the sound encased in bubbles. The water slid the golden ring off of Summer's finger. It was her only attachment to him and now it was gone. She was finally free. Before she knew it the water viciously stole her sight before permanently silencing her. I only hope he thinks of me every time he looks up at the stars above, Summer thought as she let a small smile spread across her face. That was how she went, smiling and free. Slowly floating into the dangerously beautiful, dark bliss.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!