Underground Palace

My hands are shaking, my heart is beating like a rocket. Is he coming? Or has he set me up? Mum told me to watch out and to use my brain and don't get too carried away. "It's gonna be fine" I had said. But here I am sitting on the footpath in pitch black waiting for my secret lover to come for me. Suddenly a car screeched around the corner and stopped right in front of me. It was a White Nissan. A man got out. I stood up thinking it was the boy's father. He was walking towards me when I noticed, he had a gun. I ran like there was no tomorrow. I turned right down Hazel Road then left down Strawberry Fields. I was reaching the end of the street when the land from above me disappeared. I had fallen down a deep hole.... I saw a boy walking towards me, he held out his hand, he helped me up and then he took me through a - what seemed to be a big dirt wall - door. He drew this weird pattern on the door, then he played the song of joy on a piano and the door slowly opened. He took me inside and sat me at a table. A group of ladies came over with plates full of, what looked like, food over to me. "He said to bring something for you to eat, it's all for you! There's Coconut Jelly, Laksa, Chocolate Brownies, Macarons or Blueberry Muffins, Your choice", said one of the ladies. I chose the Coconut Jelly. The Coconut Jelly was in a baby blue bubble, but when you bit into it, it was just like a liquid Coconut Jelly only better! After I had finished, the boy took me to a room which had gold walls and orange carpets. The boy held up a sign saying “This is your room” then clicked his fingers and a big heap of golden furniture slowly floated down from the sky. It took me a long time to realise, but it seemed to me that the boy was a mime. I ran and jumped into my "new" bed. The boy came over and sat on the side of the golden bed. "Goodnight" (The boy had written that on the sign) and kissed me on the cheek, then he went out and then left the room without a sound.I woke up on the ground of the Strawberry Fields and there was no hole. I heard footsteps coming towards me; it was the man that had the gun. I tried to move, but I couldn’t, the man picked me up and started walking back towards Hazel Road, I tried to scream but nothing came out. We were at the car when I saw flashing lights. I was saved; they had come to find me. We were at the police car when I noticed the man carrying me was the same man that had the gun! He was a cop. Oh no, I’ve been busted! But that’s a whole other story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!