Zombie Escape (Based On Jim Datilios Zombie Exodus)

"C'mon Kate we're losing him!"
"I got it, here you go!"
" All I gotta do now is cu-"
The constant high pitch beep of the heart beat moniter is defening as the truth that this man was never going to survive sinks in.
"H- he's gone..." Kate says, obviously saddened that you couldn't save this man.
"We couldn't do much to save him... He had an unknown disease, just like some of the other patients. They all appear to have the same symptoms. A yellowing of the skin and green lesions covering their body..."
"I'm going to stay here and pray for him... May I be left in peace?" Asks Kate. You reply with a simple nod and head out of the Emergency Room. You're a doctor if it hasn't been obvious enough and you've been working at this hospital for five years. You have no wife nor kids but you have worked with sick children before and believe that if you were going to become a parent you'd be decent at it. You are one of the best if not the best surgeon in the hospital and your medical knowledge is greatly above average. You get paid well and so far life is looking good. Well until today at least, you didn't know that the outbreak was starting today now did you? Still you recall everything that happened. It all started when re entering the ER...

Opening the door in the ER you find the place in disarray. Tools and medicines are scattered or smashed, the bed is completely ripped apart and the patient is missing! "This was no ordinary prayer..." you think to yourself. You hear a snapping sound, followed by a slushing and a gurgling. As you peak over the bed you see Kate lying on the floor, her right arm ripped out of its socket... With the patient EATING her arm! You scream and run out the ER door and lock it firmly behind you. That... thing begins to bang on the door.
"What is going on here?" Says a male voice to you're right, it's doctor Coppler!
"I was working on the patient with Kate, the patient died and Kate decided to do a prayer for him, when I come back a few minutes later he's eating her arm!" You say as quickly and quietly as possible so not to alarm the other nurses and doctors.
"What do you mean eating her ar-" he doesn't even get to finish his sentance. The feral person breaks through the door and sprints faster than human at Doc Coppler and claws at his neck. More infected beings exit from the ER's and sprint towards the closest human. You manage to grab a first aid kit and sprint to the stairs.

You run down the stairs with many other people and tell everyone on the bottom floor to get the hell out. Some listen but most don't. You are hesitant about leaving them but its their fault for not listening. You run out to the car park and locate your SUV. You throw the first aid kit in the trunk before seeing how much medicine you have. For some reason you always had medicine wherever you went. It was just a habit. You walk around to the front of the SUV and start the car before driving as fast as you can down the street. "It's all coming true now..." You think to yourself. "I guess that virus in Asia and Africa has came here now too." The virus caused widespread destruction so you decide to play it safe. You gather as much food as possible and leave.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!