Haunted House

Wandering through that dark, old, creepy house, past all the dusty furniture, I’m hearing strange noises coming from all around. The sensation that someone is following me is very, very strong, but every time I turn around no one is there. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see black figures, but yet again, when I look they disappear - nothing is there.
All of a sudden from behind a door, a short, black figure appears. I run and run until I reach the front door. As I leave the dark, old, creepy house the door slams shut behind me.
I was only in that dark, old, creepy house because my friends thought it would be a cool idea to experience a haunted house. They decided I should go in. I really didn’t like the idea, but I went along with it anyway.
I raced over to my friend Katie and explained what I’d seen. She looked at me and knew I was panicking. We looked up; there was a person standing at the window glaring at us. We quickly start running, my friends close behind, heading back home.
Mum didn’t look too happy when we got back and asked why we’d taken so long. I didn’t think it was a good idea to tell her about going into the house so I told her we went down to the shops to get something to eat.
We all gathered in my room. Katie thought we should go back again, so did Casey and Ella. I finally agreed, but only if I wasn’t the one going into the house first. We agreed that Katie should go first because she seemed so eager and no one else was brave enough.
After school the next day we go back to the house, Katie walks in and we follow behind. We could hear a lot of noises. Katie slowly heads towards a dark room and as she enters the light turns on, she steps back with a start. Something is thrown out of the room.
We all panic and start running; the short, black figure which we can now see is a woman begins to follow us. As we leave the house something gets thrown at us again and the woman starts yelling, but we can’t understand what she’s saying. All of a sudden Katie trips over, we all stop eager to help her. The woman catches up to us and screams if she ever catches us in her house again she will do to us what she has done to others!
It is then that we realise what she had thrown at us – a bone, a human bone!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!