Ode To My Dad

For me, he's like the humble Sam-wise to my adventurous Frodo. He is the wise king while I am the young fool.
But most of all, he's my Dad.
My Dad encourages me to the best person I can be and he's unlocked the world for me, allowing me opportunities and experiences that some people acquire only after living a decade or two.
It's not to say that he paints me illusions of the world, quite the opposite, he ensures that I know the struggles I will face and that I have the tools necessary to overcome all obstacles in my way from life-like Sauron's to stressful HSC's.
He's instilled in me a passion for life and the ability to persevere in trials. To learn from my mistakes, my Dad made sure that I didn't see these lessons as just mistakes but milestones. Milestones that showed how I fell but was still able to get back up.
And even though my Dad has passed away, I know he's still cheering for me as I prepare to walk the graduation stage and to continue my role in this play called life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!