Heaven And Hell-How Do You Picture It?

Heaven and Hell as everyone knows, is basically the afterlife. Heaven is where everyone’s comforts and dreams come true. Hell is the opposite of everything you've ever wanted. Therefore, if hell and heaven are made up of everything that each individual like or dislikes, everyone’s preferences would be mushed together to create one muddled up heaven or hell. Here is one way of looking at it.
As we walk together into the polished, brass gates of heaven you are greeted by a massive man. This is God. As you accept his offer of a fortune cookie, we step into a wonderland filled with everything you could dream of. You can journey down a clear, steep water slide with bumps, twists and turns. You can walk down a silver pathway with plush grass, starry skies and trees with golden leaves which glimmer in the moonlight. White, puffy clouds hover above the grassy bed to give a good night’s sleep. Scruffy skaters lie to the north while surf competitions are happening in the west. Arcades rest next to an opera house. Pets have their own side to heaven too. You can see them enjoying bones or wrestling an ostrich. But as we can see, not all will go right. A lion eating the ostrich is the lion’s form of fun, but not the ostrich’s. The lion disappears. Boys are invading the girl’s Barbie play area which makes the girls cry. The invading boys disappear. As you can see, this causes a kind of ripple effect. This shows that happiness can’t live without sadness.
Now we are heading to hell, prepare for the worst. Fears and nightmares are about to come a reality. We step into a deep pink room kilometres wide. They have dark words to show the room you are specified to. “The small room for the claustrophobic” you read. In fact there are dozens and dozens of rooms. Blood dripping whips crack to introduce a cry of pain, the devil himself is there to scare the life out of you and there would easily be a 500 metre fall to shock you out of your misery. As people await their torture they are pushed into a waiting room. The room has red skies, a dreary feel, Arctic worthy blizzards, dead sagging trees and the sound of screeching nails on a blackboard. Chains hold you captive as you lie on stone beds. But as we see once more, happiness cannot be contained either. People might laugh at funny room names or an easy joke can be passed around from person to person. This shows that sadness cannot live without happiness either.
Out of these two examples this shows that you can’t have happiness without a little bit of sadness, and you can’t have Heaven without a little bit of Hell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!