I Should Have Lied...

I should have lied. I shouldn’t have told them. But I have, and now I have to go through with it.
The sound of rumbling filled my ears as I neared the Ire Falls. I pressed pass into the clearing, pushing away branches from my face, my legs scratching on the bushes, my arms on the twigs. Here will be a good place to stop.
The Ire Falls were a blessing to my weary eyes. I sat myself down beside the cliff, letting my legs dangle off the edge, the spray from the cascading water sending shivers up my spine.
The view is beautiful.
I peel off my hiker’s backpack; take out my water bottle to drink and, without thinking, the photograph of Mother, of the house, of what I had left behind. I stare into the pictured eyes of my mother for a second.
I get up and turn back, to the path I had just came from. Perhaps they haven’t found the note yet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!