Eerie Figure

There’s always been this house across the street from my house that had no one living in it. It was weird because I’ve always heard noises coming from that house but maybe it was just me. People say it’s haunted but I don’t believe in those “haunted houses” or “ghosts”. So one day I have decided to invite some friends to prove to the people that it is not haunted. Later that day, my friends and I had arrived at the house. My friends decided to play truth or dare instead of exploring the house with me. The house was very interesting, I had found a lot of amazing things such as films in a big, heavy box, a family photo album and found 3 chairs in the basement. All of the sudden, I heard screaming coming from downstairs. Then I saw a door open straight up to my face, it hit me, I fell down the stairs, rolling and tumbling. Once I got up and opened my eyes, I saw a black figure with red swollen eyes. On one of its hand was holding a knife and on the other was holding my friend, Ellie upside down. Instead of my friends saving Ellie, they ran away to their homes. I didn’t know what to do since I had bruises all over my body. I couldn’t move, it felt like gravity was pushing me down. The black figure was making me sleep. I tried not to sleep but apparently I slept. After a while, I had found out that I was on one of the chairs, tied up in the basement, my lips are sealed by duct tape and watching these films that I had found before. I looked around to see if I could find Ellie. She was right beside me, dead. The look on her face was terrifying. I saw knife marks on her neck and the knife stabbed in her back. I tried screaming and calling out my friend’s name, it didn’t quite work since my lips were sealed. So I just sat there, watching the films. It was very similar to a movie I watched called the sinister. One of the films was about this family tied up, on the ground and this person got the lawnmower and charged the lawnmower to their faces! Their faces were messed up! It was horrible. It was like I’m getting killed. Then I felt someone pulling my hair. I tried to turn my head around and in the corner of my eye, I saw the black figure again. I saw it holding a gun in one hand and a rope on the other. It untied me and lead me to a tree, putting the rope on my neck and all of the sudden, I was hanged up onto tree.

I had found myself up in the clouds. I had found out that I’m in heaven. Now is my chance to meet Michael Jackson!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!