Kiwis Wild Chase

It’s been 2 years since I have lost my horse Kiwi, I am going to share with you my heart touching story about Kiwi’s wild chase.
One day Kiwi and I were going cross-country riding we ended up following a track to a burned out farm with brown crusty wood and a shack with only 3 walls standing and high brown grass as paddocks with 2 black horses in the paddocks, there was a sign out the front hanging sideways saying “Horse Killers” there were 2 guys standing out front, one with a long scare going down his face and the other with a skull tattoo on his arm, they saw us and they started to go to the horses with saddles and reins ,then I knew it was time for us to go, when we finished our cross-country riding we returned home, I lived in a small cottage with fine green grass surrounding the cottage, paddock and stable with yellow daises around the front door step it was like living in paradise, I gave Kiwi some oats and water then I heard a strange noise from behind the paddock, I went and had a look and it was those 2 guys working from the Horse Killer farm and they were charging towards us, I quickly got Kiwi and rode him bareback and got away as quick as we could, we ran and ran, then we fell to the ground from exhaustion.
Kiwi and I woke up in a strange place with 3 horses running up and down on hills and 2 more horses galloping through a wide open space, I got up and saw a little brown foal standing in front of me, I could see that he was badly injured with a scratch along his eye and he had a bad knee just by looking at it, he started to walk off to his mother he had also had a limp whilst walking, I heard another strange noise and knew it was them again I quickly ran towards the horses to scare them away and the foal didn’t want to go so I hid him in a bush near Kiwi.
When the guys approached the area I could see that they had a whip with thorns wrapping around the rope, the guy with the tattoo on his arm had a tranquilizer gun attached to his leather saddle bag, they whipped Kiwi on the knees scraping some skin off Kiwi falls to the ground in pain, Kiwi gets up again he gets all the power he can get, he bucked to show his anger then he rushes to the man with the tattoo on his black horse and knocks the horse to the ground also the man, the man with the scar jumps off his horse and gets his whip out, and whips Kiwi as hard as he can I try to move Kiwi out the way then my heart runs 100 beats per minute, it was too late to save Kiwi. I drop to my knees and cry, then I get up and I say to myself ‘these tears are for Kiwi’, I get up and gave the man what he deserved and that was death.
After this horrible day I dig a grave for Kiwi, the grave is surrounded by lovely green grass and blue butterflies flying around the grave. I have always known that Kiwi was afraid of nothing.
This is my heart touching story about a horse named Kiwi, and how this brave horse saved my life.

The end.



Kiwi will always be in my heart.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!