One Family Torn Apart By War Is One Too Many

One family torn apart by war is one too many.
They danced till night they danced till dawn,
They sang songs under the dark orange sun.
In a hopeless place love was found, they found one another in each others fate.
Soon they married, soon they spent their lives together.
The mans suit crested in the emu and kangaroo, the women's dress embed in true love and heart wreck.
Months passed, a child was born, and yet his father was soon to be a memory, another soldier of war.
Letters would be exchanged through husband and wife; father and mother, but all too soon he would leave this world for another.
Bullets flew past, gunpowder was ignited, sending a bullet of death, hurtling towards its prey.
Shot down like an animal, he was left to die.
His wife wept in darkness, her family torn apart.
That one family is too many.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!