Water Falls But Never Dies

The last time I saw you. We went to a river. We saw a waterfall. We found a path, one were we were the first few to tread, and walked down the steep grassy hill to these mossy rocks and there we heard the noise. The noise of running water and we didn't understand where it could be coming from that was so close, almost underneath us. Then looked and found it. We spent all day there, talking, dancing bare foot in the stream, and singing. All alone in the world. No one to interrupt our dreams. A place where we could forget all our worries and feel...infinite. It was magical and I wanted it to last forever, to never have to face the cruel truth awaiting. The place were we would have to grow up and move on. Never.
So this is the place where our friendship together, lays. The very last memories. Where we played in the rain, explored through the place that was new to our eyes. Our adventure, that would never make sense or really end. Where our friendship was so close to the end. Like a book with many pages full of joy and sadness and love that finally had to finish... somewhere. And now its coming to the end. The final place the story rests. But the book wasn't finished and now i fear it will never be. It will just end and in someways...disappear. And that's where it did, at a beautiful place forever known as ours. But i tell you what. I loved that book, that story. The final story. Even if you thought i never did. I probably loved it more then you did. And i always loved it more then my own life. And fought to keep our story going, even when my own was crumbling down. The story I thought was never ending. Though i suppose impressions are often wrong. Its only when you dig deep down you realize the truth. It was the one that made me alive and made me happy and overall...made me myself. But now all of thats faded away. Now theres only room left for sad emotions, and no plain words can describe my pain. It's like a heavy feeling, right in my chest. Like when you sink down to the bottom of a swimming pool and you enjoy the peacefulness, and calmness. But then you look up. And you're running out of air. You start to swim up but your heart starts beating fast when you realize you will never make it in time. So the waterfall, beautiful but with a noise as hollow as our friendship when it ran down the rocks that made the way to treacherous for us to climb back up, it's waiting. Waiting for us both to return but now I know we never will and that waterfall will be forever waiting for something that will never come. It, with the beauty that we once together shared, but its fading. Just like our friendship and my future. And i only dread the day when its no longer there waiting. Its slipping away, and in someways, drying up. But I might visit again someday. Alone. Only to rememberer the good that triumphed the bad at the place that we last were. When the pain of that was lost has finally sunk in. But the painful thing is, i can feel you slipping away from that place. That place where we could have so easily died, but we stayed... And together... we lived. So it, again, leaves just me. Alone and wondering what happened to my sister and why she left me so early. Why she left me to face the world alone. But now i don't have to wonder... i know. I know she had to. You're happy. And i suppose thats so. You're starting to slip into someone else's life now. Another world that ill never understand. And I'll be left, just alone but always waiting. Always. Never letting go. Because things that you love, never truly leave. They stay with you and comfort you while you slowly pass out of the world. And the last tears i shed in this life, will be the fact that I lost you. The last moments. They remind you, that you did in fact live for something. But just because that something is over... doesn't mean it ever has to die. But now I know at something once loved but never forgotten, that its finally... time to close the last page.

I'm glad I found you. I love you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!