A Christmas To Remember

Mary Lance was the most popular girl in school,right after Tiffany Lance her twin sister. Ever since birth the two girls were practically glued together, and there was no denying that Mary was the brains and Tiffany was the beauty. Mary had always believed that things would stay this way. So much for the brains of the pair.

On december the 25th Mary slowly made her way to the charity shop, what was the point of giving a hair dryer to the dead? Veronica Sweet edged up behind Mary, so how did it happen? she whispered. Mary's head ached it was always painful when she thought about it but Veronica was her best friend, she deserved to know. Only six days before christmas Tiffany and Mary had been sitting in the car on the way to Ridge-wood primary, they were in a deep conversation about what they would receive for christmas. As the Mercedes whisked round the corner Mary and Tiffany were wrapped in a swarm of year 6's, all eager to talk and hang out with Tiffany, "hey guess what Tiff, my mum got a Mercedes too!" Lilly Riff shouted. "Tiffi! can you come to my sleepover tonight!" Charlotte Clarke called. Tiffany gleamed her trademark smile "love to" she replied as she grabbed Mary's hand and gently edged her way through the crowd.

Hours passed and soon classes swamped the hallways. School was over and freedom was sweet. Tiffany waved to three giggling girls all dressed from head to toe in pink, and rushed over to Mary "time to party!" Tiffany chuckled as she struck the classic disco pose.

DING DONG DING DONG. Mary felt strange, she felt as if something was not quite right, after deep thought she decided to let it go. She should have trusted her instincts, mistake number 2. The party was the average sleepover: pink streamers, cupcake decorating and makeovers.Little did everyone know something truly devastating would occur. At 8pm Charlotte's mum turned off the lights and blew an innocent kiss towards the girls. Only 5 minutes latter Lilly Riff jumped up and convinced everyone that they should have a midnight feast, everyone glanced around and nodded in unison. The rest of the night was a mere blur, all Mary could remember was the sound of sirens and watching her twin's body being wheeled out of the room.

Why would somebody kill a young girl? How did they do it? Her only sister, her rock, her all was dead. "i am so sorry.....i um erhhh" Mary could tell Veronica was stumbling over what to say. "you don't have to say a...." Mary was cut off by her cell phone, it was her mum. "sweetie come to the hospital so we can say our... you could hear here lip tremble, so we can say our final good-bye to Tiffi.

The room was filled with Mary's family, tissues covered the floor, all of a sudden Tiffany's eye opened a crack.It was small, but she was alive. And nobody could have wished for a better christmas gift.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!