Oceans Are Part Of Our World

Once there was a mermaid named Ariel and she lived in the ocean called Antarctica Ocean. She wonders about the place she lives in. One day Ariel asked her fish friend Flounder. “Flounder” called Ariel, as she swam up to him. “Yes” called back Flounder. “Flounder, I want to ask you that is your ocean part of the world we live in?” said Ariel. Flounder said “um… I don’t know Ariel”
“Oh, ok I was just asking.” Replied Ariel. “Hmmm” said Flounder in his head, “what is she up too?”
Then Ariel went to bed and had a big think about her question that had to be answered. Ariel fell asleep half way, and had dreams of finding the answer to her question.
The next day as Ariel got up she felt ready for a day like always. Then she saw Flounder in a hurry swimming around the whole place. Ariel asked Flounder “What are you doing?”
“Um I am just swimming” he replied.
“Oh really, then what are those papers in your hand?” said Ariel looking at flounder in a curious way.
“Well, um, ok I will tell you. The kind said that all the girls of Antarctica can go up to the surface when they are 16 years of age.” Said Flounder.
“Oh really that’s so cool!” Jumped Ariel. So it came that very day when Ariel was 16 she set the alarm at 6.00 in the morning to go to the surface. Then at the very moment when Ariel was sitting on the rock she saw humans, only one, but she watched the human as he walked on to the beach and put his feet into the sand and looked up to the sky. Ariel saw him looking at the sea that Ariel lived in. He asked himself “what is living in that ocean?” Then he walked back inside his palace made of gold, and looked one more time and the sea and went inside. He closed the door behind him. Ariel had the same question as he did. She went back to the sea and swam to her secret cave in the waters of the deep, and thought and thought about her question and wanted to know the answer to her question. So she sat there for ages trying to think about her question. The very next say Ariel decided to leave Antarctica and go to the penguin of the sea because he knows all the answers to every question that anyone asked. As she went on her journey she saw Mumble Happy Feet on his way to see the penguin of the sea too. “Hi!” called out Ariel. Mumble saw Ariel and headed her way.
Mumble said “Hi Ariel, what’s up what are you doing the deepest part of the sea?”
“Well, I am just going to see the penguin of the sea!” called Ariel.
“So am I, I just need to ask something,” said Mumble. So Ariel and Mumble swam all the awy to the penguin of the sea. They met some other animals along the way too.
As soon as they reached the place Ariel quickly swam as fast as she could to the penguin and asked him her question.
“Do we have to keep the ocean clean and who has to do it?” said Ariel.
The penguin replied: You must find a way to learn about the place your live in and you try to stop the bad things that happen to your home.”
“What bad things, tell me” screamed Ariel. But the penguin said nothing and asked Mumble his question. Ariel just swam without Mumble. And began to swim back home. With depression Ariel screamed as loud as she could and said “Why does it have to happen to me?”
What Ariel got back to her home she sat down and had a big erst. The next day it happened something was wrong she got out of her bed and smelt the bad smell of rubbish. Now Ariel knows what the penguin meant about something is going to happen and Ariel had to fix it. When she got out of her room she saw everyone in Antarctica inside their rooms not one mermaid or merman of any fish outside swimming or playing.
So Ariel got out and swam to the surface and saw humans throwing their rubbish out into the sea. She swam up to the ship and said “Hey stop that” But the humans did not listen they just went on throwing rubbish into the ocean. But then when Ariel went and showed her tail and she sat on a rock and they just looked at her in surprise.
They dropped what they were doing and screamed “Mermaid look!” as loud as possible and then the human that Ariel saw on there beach came up to the ship and looked at her and said “What do you want?”
Ariel replied “Stop throwing rubbish into the sea because you are hurting the other mermaids, mermen and the fish that live in the sea. But they did not listen to Ariel and continued on throwing their rubbish in the water. Then Ariel went back into the water and called all the merpeople they came to the surface and showed themselves to all the humans but they still did not listen to them. Then the price of the palace came out and said “What’s going on here?”
One of the workers said, “The merpeople are here”
“Really” said the prince. He looked at the merpeople. Ariel said “Stop throwing rubbish into the water please!”
“Ok” replied the prince as that very moment the prince fell in love with Ariel and Ariel did too. When Ariel went back she thought about the prince. Then Ariel heard the king of the merpeople call her name out Ariel swam to the king and they gave Ariel a wish. “Whatever you want you will get it Ariel” said the king.
“I wish that I could be a human and I could walk onto the sea and live my life with the prince”
The king said, “Ok, very well” so Ariel got her wish. When Ariel reached the sand she saw the price and he aw her. He said “Oh its you”
“Yes, I want to tell you I love you” said Ariel.
The prince said, “I love you too”
So the next day the prince got married and Ariel got the answer to her question. And Ariel also knows that when you see someone dumping rubbish in the sea, just tell them to stop and your problem is solved. So from that day Ariel and her prince lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!