Raining Tears By Tescha Nicholls

A cold, drenched hand grabbed my shoulder. I turned around and jumped violently. “No, leave me alone, I hate you!” I exclaimed, as I slapped the hand away, a look of despair and defeat sliced across his face. I almost felt bad but then I reminded myself of what he had done, how he had hurt me.
“No, no you can’t” I stumbled for words as his hand reached up to wipe away a tear I hadn’t known had fallen. “You can’t, I can’t, you have to go.” I managed to choke out. I was sobbing now, the tears mixing with the rain that was pelting down on both of us. As we stood in the middle of the road, we stared at one another, both hoping my answer could change. I could see in his eyes that he was losing hope, hope of ever having me in his arms again. I knew I should feel terrible, for what I was putting him through, but then he had put me through so much that my heart had shattered into millions of pieces, all because of him.
“No, I have to go, I can never forgive you for what you did.” I turned on my heel and began walking away, sobbing. The thunder sounded above as I turned back, one last time. The lightening flashed and I saw him, standing there, tears running down his face as the rain continued to pour down upon us. He looked so sad, so disappointed that he couldn’t save me, but I was beyond saving. He didn’t move but just let me go after everything we had been through, after all the hurt, it was over.
I kept walking for hours, as the rain poured down and the sky got darker as night grew closer. I didn’t stop, I couldn’t stop, because if I did I would know I had lost everything, and I had lost him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!