Terrified In The Triangle

I could hear the engine spluttering, only seconds before we plummeted at least 50 feet. I could tell we were in deep trouble. The gas masks were coming out. I looked out the window only to see thick black smoke flying out of the wing. I was terrified. Then came the intense impact. It felt as if someone had hit me with a steel hammer. I could feel the water creeping up my leg. There wasn't much screaming to my surprise. I thought to myself it couldn't be? Was I the only survivor…..?

It all started when I was going on a vacation to the USA. There was a direct flight there but when I boarded the plane, there were only about 30 people on it. Then I realised why. The flight path was over the Bermuda Triangle and all passengers needed special consent to travel on the flight. I said yes because I don’t believe in all that mythical stuff. Oh how I wish I did.

I unclipped the seat belt which was tight from the impact. I started to go toward the back of the plane. I remembered seeing a yellow life raft near the exit as I boarded. It was just my luck that the life raft had busted in the impact. The water was creeping up like a dark shadow and I knew that if I didn't get out quickly, my life would be cut short. I ran, well waded by now, to the front of the plane when I saw another life raft. My life had been saved – well at least that is what I thought. I waded to the door with the life raft in one hand. The water was colder than ice. I could feel my arms and legs going numb. The only thing that kept my sorry body going was the adrenaline. I grabbed the door and tried to rip it open but it was stuck. I was done for. I went into the cock pit and grabbed a red steel hammer and cracked the window. Without having any time to react I was swept to the back of the plane by the force of the water rushing in. It felt like a giant’s hand had grabbed me and hurled me around the plane. I swam back to the front of the plane, still grasping the life raft. I’d done it! I had escaped the plane only by the skin on my teeth. I looked back after I was safely in the life raft expecting to see the plane slowly sinking away and then realized there was nothing there. Not even a little swirl. The water was calm. All of a sudden I saw a little orange light flicking on and off. Then it stopped.

After I got back to shore I told people of my terrifying experience. Although some people think that it is a coincidence that planes crash there, it’s not. That light I saw in the water on that horrific day was not from this planet. It was from a different universe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!